We are certain that your new – born is the reason behind your smiley face and you are all readied to take day and night care of your baby. In this hustle don’t forget to miss out on your baby’s bathing essentials.
Here’s a rundown of required items, products, and techniques.
- Bathing Supplies: First step in bathing your baby is to gather all the essential baby bathing supplies. So before you begin, make a concise list, which includes soft towel and clothes, mild shampoo and soap, moisturiser, powder and a clean diaper.
- Water: If the baby is not 4 weeks old then you don’t need to give bath in a tub. You can simply give a sponge bath. For babies more than 4 weeks: fill the water in small wide bucket with about 3inch of mild warm water.
- Baby Grip: Hold your baby gently with a proper grip. Never leave your baby in the water alone, it can panic him and there are chances that water might enter into his ear and eyes. You can gradually place the baby in the tub, supporting her/his head, neck and back.
- Use mild soap and shampoo: Too much use of soap and water can dry your babies’ skin. Focus while applying the soap and shampoo since it can easily contact with your baby’s eye. This can create burning and itching sensation of his eyes. Start washing her/her head/ face area and then move to other parts of the body. Routine wash is suggested to wash private parts of your baby.
- Post bath: Wrap your baby in a soft towel to pat him/her dry. Later, you can apply baby lotion and powder. Your baby is now decked up for the day.
End the bathing process by giving a warm hug.
Things to remember while bathing your baby:
Caution! Caution! Caution!
- Never attempt to leave your baby alone in the water or under running water. The water can really get deep and the baby might drown.
- Before you put your baby in the water do check the temperature of the water. Too hot water can give burns to your baby, luke warm water is always preferable.
- Never try giving your baby a really cold water bath. Because babies tend to get cold & hypothermia quickly.